This page contains general information you need to get started with the Lady Bears Soccer program.
What do you need?: First off you need a ‘can do’ attitude and a ‘desire to succeed’ and if you have that we can make you a soccer player.
- Next you need to be cleared by the Athletic Department by getting and filling out the Student Athlete Participation Clearance Packet which can be found here Clearance Packet if you are a current high school student. If you are an incoming middle school student your current clearance from the middle school will work until the end of summer training, you just need to get the “clearance card” from your current school and bring it to your first day on the training field. Or you can get a high school packet, complete it and you are good for the season for any sport you try out for. You will not be allowed on the training surface until we have one of those two clearance cards to give to the coaching staff.
- So to say it again because it is important, the actual clearance card which your middle school has or the new one you receive after filling out the Athletic Clearance Packet is needed on your first day.
- A Participation Physical Examination, or better known as a Sports Physical.
- Brainbook Concussion Course which can be found at Brainbook. Just go there, create a login and take the course. It is short and easy and alerts you to the dangers of head trauma which we take very seriously.
- Sign the Clearance Packet in the appropriate places and turn it in.
- We also ask that you read the handbook know and understand what our expectations are of our athletes. Take a look at the fitness standards so you know what we expect of you as a varsity player.
- Any current or incoming student enrolled with BMHS has the opportunity to work with and tryout for the team as long as the above requirements are fulfilled.